Asian Chicken Salad with Cabbage
Prep Time: 30 minutes
1/3 cup angel hair pasta
1 chicken breast (4 oz)
1/4 cup Napa cabbage
1/4 cup purple cabbage
1/4 medium red bell pepper
1/4 medium yellow bell pepper
2 tbsp fresh cilantro
2 tbsp scallions or green onions
1/2 cup fresh spinach
2 tbsp bean sprouts
4 whole cashews
2 tsp lime juice
3/4 tsp fresh ginger
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 jalapeno pepper
1 tsp fresh cilantro
1 tsp olive oil
2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
3/4 tsp brown sugar
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool it.
- Boil or bake chicken breast. Shred chicken breast and set it aside.
- Slice cabbage and bell peppers and place them in a large bowl.
- Chop cilantro, scallions, and cucumber and place them in the same large bowl.
- Add spinach, bean sprouts and cashews to the bowl.
- Add pasta and chicken to the bowl.
- For the salad dressing: juice 1/2 lime, mince ginger, garlic, jalapeno and cilantro. Whisk in the remaining dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Mix well and serve.