Chicken Farro Salad
The chicken farro salad is a delicious meal packed full of flavor and protein!
- 3 tbsp farro
- Salt to taste
- 11⁄2 tsp olive oil
- 1⁄4 tsp curry powder
- 1⁄4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 tsp cardamom
- 1⁄4 tsp ground cilantro
- 1⁄2 large carrot
- 11⁄2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄8 red onion
- 1⁄4 lemon
- 6 oz chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup arugula
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup reduced fat feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup canned pears in juice
- Place farro and salt in a pot. Add water to cover the farro. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low and simmer, uncovered, until farro is tender, about 45 minutes. Drain and place in a bowl.
- Boil chicken breast until cooked through. Shred and set aside.
- Peel and dice carrots. Slice red onion and mince the lemon with the peel. Chop cilantro.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add curry, mustard seeds, cardamom and coriander. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring often until the mustard seeds start to pop. Add carrots and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Add vinegar and stir until evaporated (about 2 minutes). Stir in onion and lemon cook for 1 more minute then remove from heat.
- When the farro is cooked, combine it with the carrot mixture, shredded chicken, cilantro and arugula. Top with feta.
- Serve pears on the side.