Barbecue Chicken, Steamed Broccoli & Coleslaw
It’s backyard barbecue season! Enjoy yourself with this Barbecue Chicken recipe.
– 1 1/2 whole chicken breasts (6 oz)
– 3 tbsp barbecue sauce
– 2 3/5 oz fresh broccoli
– 1 oz shredded cabbage
– 1/4 large whole carrot
– 1 1/2 tbsp fat free mayo
– 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
– salt and pepper to taste
1. Bake or broil chicken until cooked through.
2. Place a steamer insert in a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Cover and bring water to a boil. Place broccoli in steamer insert and cover. Steam for about 5 minutes or until tender.
3. To make cole slaw, shred cabbage and carrots. Combine shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, light mayo, apple cider vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve cooked chicken with barbeque sauce, broccoli, and cole slaw.