Grilled Chicken Breast & Avocado Sandwich with Thyme Sweet Potatoes Recipe
We love how this Grilled Chicken Breast & Avocado Sandwich with Thyme Sweet Potatoes recipe combines healthy fats and protein with so many fresh ingredients.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 oz chicken breast
- 1 slice Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 oz Romaine lettuce
- 1/4 medium avocado
- 1/8 medium tomato
- cooking spray to taste
- 1 medium sweet potato (about 6 oz)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 whole garlic clove
- 1 tbsp thyme
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Peel and cut sweet potato into 1½ inch pieces. Mince garlic clove.
- Combine sweet potato, olive oil, minced garlic clove, thyme, salt, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl and toss until well coated.
- Arrange potato slices in single layer on heavyweight rimmed baking sheet or in 13×9 inch baking dish. Place on top rack of oven and roast until tender and slightly browned, about 40 minutes.
- Sauté/grill chicken breast in a pan sprayed with cooking spray. Start when potatoes have cooked for about 30 minutes.
- Top chicken breast with slice of cheese just before removing from heat.
- Spread avocado on bread if desired. Assemble a sandwich with bread, chicken breast, lettuce, tomato. Serve with roasted sweet potatoes on the side.
Pepper jack cheese can be substituted with a slice of low-fat cheddar or mozzarella with calories of 75 or less and fat grams of 6 or less if desired. Try with other “free foods” like red bell peppers for variety.
As lean meat that’s high in protein and low in fat, chicken breast is ideal for working towards your weight loss or gain goals without sacrificing foods you love. For more healthy chicken recipes, like Chicken Pho, White Chicken Chili, and Chicken Tortilla Soup, head to the Curves Nourish Blog!