Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
Enjoy this flavorful Chicken Tortilla Soup for a hearty lunch or protein-packed dinner.
– 1 medium onion
– 2 cloves garlic
– 1 tsp cumin
– 8 tsps olive oil
– 24 oz chicken breast, boneless, skinless
– 4 tbsp lime Juice
– 8 tortilla chips, unsalted
– 64 fl oz vegetable broth, low sodium
– 2 cups sliced mushrooms
– 2-4 jalapeno peppers (optional)
– 1 cup sweet corn
– 1 cup salsa, low sodium
- Dice onion and mince garlic. In a large saucepan, sauté diced onion, minced garlic, and cumin in olive oil until the onion begins to soften.
- Cube chicken breast and add with salsa into saucepan. Cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken broth, mushrooms, corn, and lime juice to the pan. Simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- Slice jalapenos and add for extra heat. Crumble tortilla chips on top.
Per Serving: 406 calories, 15g fat, 29g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 40g protein
Curves Nutrition Program: Enjoy one serving on Phase 1 or 2 for lunch or dinner.
Rich in protein and great for strengthening bones, opting for chicken breast over fattier meats can help you to enjoy a healthy, balanced, and sustainable diet that’s low in fat and satisfies your cravings. Check out the Curves Nourish Blog for recipes like our White Chicken Chili, Chicken Quesadilla, and Quick Chicken Nachos.