Almond Crusted Chicken
Here is your new favorite go-to meal for the whole family! Just double or triple the recipe as needed.
- 4 oz chicken breast or chicken tender
- 2 tbsp almonds
- 1⁄2 tbsp butter
- 1⁄4 shallot
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 lemon to zest
- 1⁄4 tsp thyme
- Crushed cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 whole egg
- 1⁄2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Process almonds in a food processor until coarsely chopped.
- Mince shallot and thyme and zest lemon peel.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook, swirling the plan until the butter is melted and has a nutty aroma. Add shallot and 1⁄4 tsp salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until just beginning to brown.
- Reduce heat to low and add panko breadcrumbs and ground almonds. Cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown (about 7 minutes).
- Transfer almond mixture to a shallow dish. Stir in lemon zest, thyme, and cayenne.
- Beat eggs in another bowl and add mustard and a pinch of black pepper. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and then season with salt and pepper. Dip one chicken tender in the egg mixture and then then almond mixture. Press lightly to coat the chicken.
- Transfer chicken to a wire rack set in a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through – approximately 25-30 minutes.
For information about Curves Nutrition and Weight Management Program, visit https://www.curves.com/programs/nutrition-weight-management#nutrition.