Asparagus Stuffed Fish
Try this seafood with a twist! Served with brown rice, this fish is a healthy and delicious dinner option.
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp medium bell pepper
1 1/2 tbsp medium onion
1/2 garlic clove
1/4 tsp paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
6 oz (170g) sole
5 whole asparagus spears
1/2 oz (15g) Swiss cheese
1 tsp bread crumbs
3 tbsp dry brown rice
- Heat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a medium saucepan heat ½ tsp olive oil. Add chopped pepper and chopped onion and cook for 7-10 minutes. Add minced garlic, paprika and salt and sauté an additional two minutes.
- Lay fish on a work surface. Sprinkle asparagus with cheese. Top with vegetables. Roll fish around the filling and secure with a toothpick or two.
- Drizzle rolls with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake until golden brown and flaky, about 15-17 minutes. Squeeze with lemon juice before serving.
- Meanwhile cook brown rice according to package instructions.
- Enjoy stuffed fish with brown rice! Each serving calls for ½ cup cooked brown rice.