Goat Cheese Stuffed Burger & Greek Salad Recipe
This goat cheese stuffed burger recipe is a delicious twist on your traditional burger with the earthy and buttery flavors of goat cheese and red bell peppers!
- Cooking spray
- 4 tsp scallions
- 3 tsp goat cheese
- 4 oz ground beef 95% lean
- 3⁄4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tsp light mayo
- 1 tsp capers
- 1 whole wheat bun
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 whole cucumber
- 1⁄4 tsp yellow mustard
- 21⁄4 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 6 whole almonds
- 2 tbsp feta
- 11⁄2 tsp olive oil
- 11⁄2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 large olives
- 1⁄4 medium tomato
- Place the whole bell pepper on a sheet pan and place in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the skin is completely wrinkled and the pepper is charred, turning twice during roasting. Remove the pan from the oven and immediately cover it tightly with aluminum foil.
- While peppers roast, chop scallions for burger. Reserve 3 slices of cucumber for burger. Chop remaining cucumber, tomato and almonds for salad. Slice olives or leave whole as desired.
- Spray a small pan with the vegetable spray. Cook the scallions for 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Add all but 1 teaspoon to the goat cheese and mix.
- Form the meat into a flat patty. Place a quarter of the scallion mixture in the center of patty and fold the beef over the mixture, concealing the stuffing. Sprinkle with Worcestershire.
- In a small bowl, combine 1½ tsp oil and 1½ tsp vinegar for salad dressing. In a second small bowl, combine the mayo, mustard, capers, and remaining scallions for burger topping.
- Cook the burgers to your desired degree of doneness.
- While burger cooks, slice roasted red pepper into narrow slices.
- Place burger on the bottom half of a bun and top with mayo mix. Layer the roasted peppers, 3 slices cucumber, and ¼ cup spinach on the burger and cover with the top half of the bun. Mix chopped tomato, cucumber, almonds, and olives with remaining spinach and top with crumbled feta and salad dressing mixture.
- 2 oz spinach = 2 cups
- 1⁄4 oz almonds = 6 nuts
- 1⁄2 oz feta = 1/8 cup or 2 tbsp