Bacon Swiss Stuffed Burger & Roasted Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
Who says you can’t enjoy a cheeseburger and fries that meet your macro and caloric goals? Well, this Bacon and Swiss stuffed burger with roasted sweet potato fries does just that!
- 1⁄4 slice bacon
- 4 oz ground beef (95% lean)
- 1⁄2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 tbsp light mayo
- 1⁄2 tsp horseradish
- 1 whole wheat bun
- Fresh arugula
- 1⁄8 cup low-fat shredded Swiss cheese
- 3⁄4 whole sweet potato
- Salt to taste
- 1⁄4 tsp chili powder
- 1⁄2 tbsp canola oil
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Slice sweet potatoes lengthwise, making thin, long strips. Toss with canola oil, salt, and chili powder.
- Roast about 20 minutes, turning once, until they are soft and lightly browned. Tip: For crisper fries, broil for 5 minutes.
- Cook bacon and drain on paper towel. Chop once cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the bacon and cheese.
- Form the meat into a patty. Place bacon/cheese mixture in the center and fold the beef over the mixture concealing the stuffing. Sprinkle with Worcestershire.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo and horseradish.
- Cook the burgers to your desired degree of doneness.
- Place each burger on the bottom half of a bun and top with the sauce and arugula. Serve burger with roasted sweet potato fries.
For more nutritious and delicious recipes, head to the Curves Nourish Blog. If you loved this Bacon and Swiss stuffed burger, we have an amazing range of healthy burger recipes for you, like our Goat Cheese Stuffed Burger with the buttery flavors of goat cheese and our light and tasty Thai Turkey Burger.