Shrimp & Asparagus Kebabs over Quinoa with Side Salad
Enjoy a relaxing grilled-at-home meal. Double or triple the recipe for a cook-out with family or friends.
- 5 small black olives
- 1 tbsp light salad dressing
- 1 6-inch raw carrot
- 1⁄2 medium tomato
- 2 cups lettuce
- 2 1⁄4 oz dry quinoa
- 8 oz shrimp
- 1 1⁄2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 4 kebab skewers
- 4 green onions/scallions + 1 for salad
- 5 whole asparagus spears
- Preheat the grill.
- Peel and clean raw shrimp.
- Slice asparagus and scallion spears into 2-inch pieces.
- Arrange the shrimp, asparagus, and scallions on 8 skewers. Brush with oil and drizzle with lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill kebabs until the shrimp are cooked (bright pink) and the asparagus are just tender.
- Cook Quinoa according to package directions.
- Make side salad of sliced tomato, green onion, black olives, and carrots tossed with lettuce and dressing.
- Serve skewers and salsa over quinoa with side salad.