Shrimp & Asparagus Kebabs over Quinoa with Side Salad Recipe
Enjoy a relaxing grilled-at-home meal with this light and healthy shrimp kebabs recipe with asparagus and quinoa. For a cook-out with family or friends, simply double or triple the recipe as required!
- 5 small black olives
- 1 tbsp light salad dressing
- 1 6-inch raw carrot
- 1⁄2 medium tomato
- 2 cups lettuce
- 2 1⁄4 oz dry quinoa
- 8 oz shrimp
- 1 1⁄2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 4 kebab skewers
- 4 green onions/scallions + 1 for salad
- 5 whole asparagus spears
- Preheat the grill.
- Peel and clean raw shrimp.
- Slice asparagus and scallion spears into 2-inch pieces.
- Arrange the shrimp, asparagus, and scallions on 8 skewers. Brush with oil and drizzle with lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill kebabs until the shrimp are cooked (bright pink) and the asparagus are just tender.
- Cook Quinoa according to package directions.
- Make side salad of sliced tomato, green onion, black olives, and carrots tossed with lettuce and dressing.
- Serve skewers and salsa over quinoa with side salad.
Recipes with shrimp are packed with protein but light, making them perfect for summer, like our Stuffed Avocado recipe that makes a low-carb alternative to tortillas, but they’re also ideal for winter – like this citrusy Winter shrimp salad with oranges, fennel and black olives to brighten up even the greyest, coldest winter day! Head to the Curves Nourish Blog for more shrimp recipes!