Whole Wheat Pasta with Roasted Grape Tomatoes and Grilled Chicken Breast
A simple, yet delicious pasta dinner packed with protein and whole grains.
- 3 oz whole wheat dry pasta
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup grape tomatoes
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 tbsp basil
- 3/4 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup feta reduced fat cheese
- 4 oz chicken breast
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Place the pasta in a large serving bowl, set aside and allow to cool completely.
- Cook sugar snap peas. Place in small bowl, set aside and allow to cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (230°C). Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet with sides and toss with ½ teaspoon olive oil and salt. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring twice.
- Meanwhile, season and grill chicken. Place the chicken on a plate, slice into strips, set aside and allow to cool.
- Allow the tomatoes to cool for 10 minutes, and then add to the serving bowl with the chicken, peas, shredded basil, vinegar, feta, and 1.5 tsp olive oil