Bacon-Swiss Stuffed Burger
Indulge yourself with some bacon and cheese in this Bacon-Swiss Stuffed Burger recipe.
Prep Time: 18 minutes
1/4 slice of bacon
4 oz ground beef (95% lean)
1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tbsp light mayo
1 tsp ketchup
1/2 tsp horseradish
1 whole wheat bun
1/8 cup low-fat shredded Swiss cheese
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup arugula
1. Cook bacon and drain on paper towel. Chop once cool.
2. In a small bowl, combine the bacon and cheese.
3. Form the meat into a patty. Place bacon and cheese mixture in the center and fold the beef over the mixture concealing the stuffing. Sprinkle with Worcestershire.
4. In a small bowl, combine the mayo, ketchup, and horseradish.
5. Cook the burgers to your desired degree.
6. Place burger on the bottom half of a bun and top with the sauce. Layer the onion and arugula on the burger and cover with the top half of bun.