Shrimp & Turkey Sausage Paella
This is a hearty, protein-packed meal perfect for lunch or dinner!
Total Time 70 minutes
– 2 oz turkey sausage, Italian, uncooked
– 1 tsp olive oil
– 1/2 cup vegetable broth, low sodium
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 1/4 med onion, chopped
– 1/4 med green bell pepper, chopped
– dash black pepper, salt and saffron
– 4 oz peeled and deveined shrimp
– 1 1/4 oz or 2 1/4 Tbsp brown rice, dry
1. In a pan over medium heat, cook turkey sausage until cooked through. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Slice sausage.
2. Add oil to the same pan and sauté onion, bell pepper and garlic. When the onion is soft, add chicken broth, pinch of saffron, salt and pepper.
3. Bring to a simmer and add uncooked rice to the pot, simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
4. Add shrimp and the drained sausage and cook until shrimp are opaque. Serve warm.
Curves Nutrition Program: Enjoy on Phase 1 and 2
Calories 408, Fat 12.5 g, Protein 35.5 g, Carbohydrate 37.5 g, Fiber 3 g, Sodium 766 mg