Enjoy a wholesome meal with this nutritious Shepherd’s Pie recipe.
1/2 tsp tomato paste
1/8 cup egg substitute
Black ground pepper, to taste
1/8 onion, chopped
1 tbsp water
6 oz ground beef (95% lean)
Paprika, to taste
Salt, to taste
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 whole garlic clove, chopped
3 tbsp green peas
1 tbsp skim milk
3/4 whole red potato, peeled and quartered
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
1. Coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Add the onion and sauté over medium heat until wilted, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the meat and cook until crumbled and browned. Strain the meat mixture into a colander to drain all fat and liquid. Return to the skillet. Add the water, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste and pepper.
3. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Boil the red potatoes with the garlic in lightly salted water until done. Drain the potatoes and remove the garlic. Mash the potatoes with the milk and egg substitute. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Coat a casserole dish with cooking spray.
6. Place the meat mixture in the prepared casserole dish and top with the peas. Spread the mashed potatoes over the top.
7. Coat with cooking spray and sprinkle with paprika. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until heated through and nicely browned. Serve immediately.
Curves Nutrition Program members can enjoy for Lunch or Dinner on Phases 1 & 2.