Nourish - February 5, 2018
Spicy Salmon with Creamy Mustard Sauce
Packed with protein of fresh fish, treat yourself with this Spicy Salmon recipe.
½ cup cooked whole wheat couscous
canola oil cooking spray
3/4 tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt
3 tsps Dijon mustard
3/4 whole garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 tsps olive oil
salt, to taste
ground black pepper, to taste
1/8 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp honey
1/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
1/8 whole medium onion, chopped
4 oz salmon filet
1. Cook couscous according to package directions.
2. Coat a large nonstick pan with canola spray and heat on medium-high. Place the salmon in the pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove to a dish and keep warm. Prep the vegetables and herbs while the fish cooks.
3. Turn the heat to medium and add the oil. When it shimmers, add the chopped onion and sauté 5 to 6 minutes, or until translucent.
4. Add the minced garlic to pan and sauté 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
5. Add the broth, mustard, and honey and bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes or until reduced to about 1/4 cup, stirring occasionally.
6. Stir in the yogurt, chopped rosemary, pepper, and salt.
7. Plate the salmon and spoon the mustard sauce over top. Garnish with rosemary sprigs.