Asian Salmon w/ Bok Choy & Mushrooms
Skip takeout tonight and instead try this low-calorie Asian Salmon recipe.
1/4 whole garlic clove
1 whole onion(s) – (green scallions)
2 1/4 tsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp Chinese rice wine
3/10 oz. fresh ginger
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp Asian sesame oil
1/4 tsp Sriracha chili-garlic sauce
2 whole salmon filets (1 filet is 3 oz.)
3/4 tsp olive oil
4 1/2 oz. bok choy
1 oz. mushrooms
1 oz. brown rice (dry)
1. Cook rice according to package instructions.
2. To make marinade, mince garlic and chop ginger. Combine garlic, green onions, soy sauce, rice wine, ginger, sugar, sesame oil, and chili-garlic sauce in a bowl.
3. Arrange salmon in a glass baking dish. Spoon marinade on top and let it marinade for 5 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 500°F. Arrange fish, with some marinade still clinging, on rimmed baking sheet. Roast fish until cooked through (about 8 minutes).
5. Transfer any extra marinade in the dish to a small saucepan. Bring marinade in saucepan to boil; set aside and reserve for glaze.
6. Meanwhile, cut bok choy crosswise into 1/2-inch wide strips. Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add bok choy and mushrooms. Stir-fry until mushrooms are tender and bok choy is wilted, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
7. When heated through, brush fish with glaze and top salmon with vegetables.
Tip: 4.5 oz. bok choy = 1 3/4 cup, 1 oz. dry brown rice = 1/2 cup cooked. Swap Chinese dry wine with 1 tsp dry sherry!
**Individuals following a gluten free diet should use gluten free soy sauce**
Calories 391, Fat 24g, Saturated Fats 4g, Protein 38g, Fiber 2g, Carbohydrates 7g, Sodium 707mg
Curves Nutrition Program Phases: Phase 1 and 2, enjoy as is. For a higher carbohydrate version, reduce salmon portion to 4 oz. (115 g) and add 1/3 cup brown rice. Phase 3: Enjoy with 1 cup cooked brown rice on the side.