Fast Facts about Curves International, Inc.
October 30, 2013
- Curves International, Inc. is one of the largest fitness center chains in the world for women with thousands of locations around the globe.
- Curves International, Inc. has its headquarters in Waco, Texas. The CEO and President is Monty Sharma, a nationally-recognized business figure in the health, wellness and nutrition sector.
- Curves International, Inc. is owned by North Castle Partners, a leading private equity firm focused in the Health, Wellness & Active Living Sector.
- Curves was created to give women a place to connect – with weight loss, health and each other. Since then, millions of women have benefitted from the Curves mission of offering a welcoming, inspiring place empowering them to lose weight while getting fit and staying healthy.
- The Curves 30-minute Circuit with a coach is legendary and works every major muscle group with strength training, cardio and stretching. Participants can burn up to 500 calories in 30 minutes.
- More recently, Curves introduced Curves Complete offering women a fully integrated, personalized weight loss and weight management solution that combines the Curves fitness program with a coach, a customizable meal plan and one-on-one coaching and support.
- Backed by extensive research, Curves Complete has been shown to reduce fat, increase lean muscle, boost metabolism and help dieters lose weight and maintain weight loss.
- Curves centers are usually 1,200 – 2,500 sq. ft. and typically include a coaching area for doing weight and measurements, the Curves Circuit, stretching station or area, a changing room, a cubby area and products display. Members can join the Circuit at any point and are prompted to move to different machines every 30 seconds.
Find us online:
Curves site www.curves.com
DIANE magazine: http://www.dianemag.com/
Member-only site: www.mycurves.com