Curves Coach Spotlight: Mary S., The Mover and Shaker
Do what you love and you’ll love what you do. This Curves Coach and Owner brings a special pizazz for her members that motivates them to persevere through their 30-minute workout. Do what you love and you’ll love what you do. With a zest for fitness and a passion for helping others, Mary S. has been a Curves Coach for nearly 14 years and brings a special pizazz for her members that motivates them to persevere through their 30-minute workout and leaves them with a smile on their face. Mary took a few moments to share some of her Curves wisdom and her favorite health and fitness tips.
- What’s your favorite Curves strength-training machine and why? The squat machine! It works the largest muscle groups in the body and it helps support hip and knee joints. It also helps to build muscle mass and build bone density. I would say it’s also great because it burns more calories than other machines.
- What’s your favorite healthy snack to eat? I love eating some hummus, veggies and Triscuits. I try to dip more veggies than Triscuits!
- What is your favorite motivational word or phrase to keep members motivated while on the Circuit? It's only 30 seconds! Work hard. You want to be happy when you hear ‘change stations now.’
- What’s a common health and fitness myth that Curves members should know? The myth is that walking is enough. Unfortunately, it's not. We must add strength training to make a difference.
- What’s your favorite advice to give to new Curves members / or to members to keep them going with their workouts? You have to schedule your workouts. Make it a priority in your life. Schedule 3-4 workouts per week on your calendar like an appointment and you will see positive results!
- What’s a fun fact about yourself? I am the mom of beautiful 16-year-old, twin daughters; Julianne and Kathryn. I have also played soccer for about 40 years. I still play on a women's soccer team where I participate in tournaments and currently play with the same group of women for the last 15 years. The Curves workout is a fantastic low-impact workout that helps me continue to play this game.